| || | submitted by brooke_bloXroute to bloXrouteLabs [link] [comments]
AMA Recap: DBCrypto and 8BTC
by bloXroute Team (Original post here
This past month the bloXroute team participated in 2 AMA’s. Our Co-Founder Professor Emin Gün Sirer
synced up with our Chinese-speaking community on the 8BTC Forum
, and our Co-Founder and Chief Architect Professor Aleksandar Kuzmanovic
, Strategy & Operations Manager Eleni Steinman
, and Marketing Associate Brooke Walter
connected with blockchain enthusiasts on the DBCrypto Telegram
There were many great questions asked so we wanted to share our answers with the rest of our community on Medium. For some of the questions, we expanded upon our answers and edited for clarity and brevity.
The questions are organized into four sections: Tech, BLXR, General, and the Blockchain Ecosystem.
Tech Can someone explain the “magic gateways” a little more? Is this patented and closed source tech?
When will the source code be released?
- “Magic gateway” is a small piece of code that sits on a machine running a blockchain node with one side speaking the blockchain “language” with the node, and on the other side speaking bloXroute “language” with our Relays. It also shrinks blocks from the nodes to the Relays, propagates transactions etc. Yes this has been patented for a simple reason — the work was initially done at a University, hence we had to license (our own work) from the University. That’s how it works. While we patented the system, we are going to open source the Gateways.
From reading the whitepaper it seems as though on-boarding bloXroute can take a bottom up approach. I.e. it sounds like crypto miners can start using the bloXroute network right away, without needing to integrate software into the bloXroute servers or get any approval from the developers of the crypto project? Is this right?
- The source code for the Gateway software will become available from Day 1, i.e., as soon as we start testing with miners. The source code for the rest of the system, i.e., Relays, will become available soon after.
Will the blockchain be able to test bloXroute’s net neutrality? If yes, how? Will bloXroute’s net neutrality testing ability be on the developer or miner level?
- That’s right! Any miner can start using bloXroute on its own without any approval. We will provide open source code that miners download, we call magic gateways, that is run on the same machine they mine on. Miners send blocks to the gateway like they would any other peer node. And that’s it. Since bloXroute BN lets you hear about and send blocks faster, miners who use it are obviously at an advantage.
How can bloXroute be decentralized and trustless? Does it rely on servers? If we can’t find a better way to solve block propagation problems other than bloXroute, then obviously nodes (especially mining nodes）have to completely rely on bloXroute. If bloXroute has any problems, the whole network will be at risk.
- Certainly! Net neutrality is at the heart of bloXroute, and something I am personally passionate about. Net neutrality mechanisms (please see the WP for details) will be enabled from day one. Everyone, including miners and developers, will be able to test, in real time, bloXroute’s network and its behavior.
Also, I remember that ‘bloXroute will keep neutrality by encrypting blocks’, but what if somebody uses bloXroute to send spam? Will it be a problem?
- Excellent question that gets to the heart of bloXroute’s core contribution. bloXroute is a unique solution that is *centralized yet trustless*. It consists of a network of servers operated very efficiently by a centralized entity — this is how it achieves its high performance. At the same time, the technology is constructed such that these servers *cannot* misbehave. They cannot discriminate on the basis of transaction content, and they cannot selectively censor. So, the overall network is efficient because it’s centralized, like Akamai’s content distribution network, and it’s also trustless, like Bitcoin’s underlying network. Also, by open-sourcing our entire codebase (once the system reaches some maturity) we enable everyone to run a backup network to take over in case bloXroute is shut down by any means, preventing it from becoming a single-point-of-failure.
What is a sufficient number of servers?
- Indeed, we have implemented various measures to handle the spam issue. In particular, the bloXroute network keeps and propagates provenance information, allowing the system to limit the traffic a node sends based on their usage of the system. Keep in mind that all large networks, whether it’s Google’s, Facebook’s or Akamai’s, are under constant spam attacks. We use well-established techniques from that domain to ensure that spammers can be efficiently identified and limited.
Is it advantageous for miners to be in relative close proximity to a BloXroute server?
- Our V1 is going to have around 15 servers on 5 continents, roughly. Blockchain traffic currently isn’t particularly large. We hope to change that!
Could you elaborate on the servers a bit more? I heard Uri talking about utilizing trusted organisations to do this. I know my concern is that this may create some level of centralised power.
- Yes. But the difference is very small. A really dramatic difference will be between bloXroute-enabled vs. non-bloXroute enabled miners.
How quickly will idle backup networks be operational/online in the case of a main bloxroute network fatal failure? Does this backup network set-up require some work/adjustments on the client/nodes side?
- We are fully aware of this concern. This is why we are making sure to utilize a large number of independent providers. This is creating a lot of operational issues on our end (because different providers use different software environments) but this is a top priority for us.
Have you established an “ideal” number of independent providers to reduce such concerns? Or is this something still being established?
- The backup will be automatic, such that the effects of a possible failure on the mainnet is minimized. Given that the process will be automatic, no adjustments will be needed on the client side.
I assume having servers in different geographical regions is important. The EU for example could outlaw BloXroute servers. I assume it would be way too expensive for a regular person to setup a BloXroute server?
- There’s no magic number, the more the better!
If that was the case, will they be disadvantaged as the message will need to be relayed further?
- I am hopeful the EU would not do that! :) But the point is that even in absence of servers in a particular region, things can still work pretty well for users in that region.
From both a tech and adoption level, what are some of the biggest difficulties bloXroute faces?
- Necessarily so. But the system would still be operational, and would be able to operate at a fairly high TPS rate.
- Technical difficulties are present on a daily basis, but we are coping with them. As a technical person, I simply know we will resolve them all. I am also convinced that a number of blockchain communities will adopt our system. But if you ask what a bigger challenge is, I think adoption.
BLXR Does bloXroute have native tokens? If yes, when will the tokens be released? Is it an ERC20 token? Will it be listed on exchanges? What can the tokens do on your network?
Is it correct that you plan to go down the STO path or simply the security token path and the BLXR will be a security token?
- Yes, bloXroute will have BLXR tokens, which will be listed on exchanges. The BLXR tokens are security tokens that entitle the holder to a share of the revenues of the company. Of every future dollar that bloXroute makes, a proportion goes into a pot, and this pot is divided among the BLXR holders. Think of it as instant, auditable dividends in perpetuity. And BLXR tokens thus act like a fund, where the fund’s contents change over time to track whichever coins are using bloXroute more. If BCH miners use bloXroute, BLXR will have more BCH in it; if ETH adopts bloXroute, then it’ll swing towards ETH, etc. So the tokens can serve as a blanket bet on adoption and use of cryptocurrencies, kind of like how Akamai was a play on Internet content being in demand. I will leave it up to the company to announce its projected dates. I’m focusing mainly on the technology behind the scenes.
When do you plan to do the STO?
- Yes, BLXR is a security token. The good thing is that we’re clear about this from the very beginning. Hence we were able to cope with regulations on time.
That’s really great that you’ve been working with the SEC. Does that mean you plan to sell the BLXR token to American citizens?
- Our team of lawyers is working very closely with the SEC to take all of the required steps to ensure everything we do is in compliance with regulations. We hope to have all necessary approvals for an STO in Q3 / Q4 2019.
How does this work? What jurisdiction have you chosen to setup this token etc? Or is this all still being figured out?
- We hope that to do as wide of a sale as possible, so not just Americans.
Will accredited investors only be able to participate in the the BLXR token sale or is there a plan to try an include non-accredited investors as well?
- It has to do with the regulation you file under. Some regulations require that you only raise from accredited investors and others let you raise from anyone.
You have recently changed your BLXR security token from 50% revenue reserve model to 100% revenue direct dividend model. How direct will it be? In what time frame or frequency will BLXR token holders will receive their pro rata share of collected revenues to their wallets?
- The plan is to make it as wide of a sale as regulation allows. We (our lawyers) are working hard so it’s not just accredited investors.
How will bloXroute operations be covered in this new direct dividend model?
- 100% of the fees associated with the cryptocurrencies using bloXroute’s BDN become immediately available for withdrawal by BLXR token holders. Right now the plan is for a calculation to run once every 24-hours to update what we call an “Owner balance” — this is how much crypto is available for withdrawal for a given BLXR holder based on their pro-rata share. To withdraw one’s dividends, a BLXR holder must provide a wallet address in the same currency as the crypto they wish to withdraw. The owner balance will then instantly update to reflect this outflow.
With BLXR being an ERC-20 token, does Bloxroute plan to set up the benefits of the token (accumulation of relative % of fees for projects using the network) so that it can be accumulated by the owner whilst also possibly locking BLXR in a MarkerDao CDP?
- In the new model 100% of the revenues will go to token holders. bloXroute, as a token holder, can use the revenues it receives for its ownership portion to fund operations.
- Dividends will accumulate in a reserve account and be available for withdraw. Our current plan is for Owner Balances to be updated every 24 hours. BLXR holders can transfer their dividends to their wallets and use them as they wish. :)
General I understand that one of the benefits of bloxroute for the ecosystem is users will have a much lower fee to pay for their transactions. Will users be able to get this much-lower-fee benefit from bloxroute only through wallet(s) they use by choosing to pay a *tiny* fee to bloxroute instead of a *large* fee to miners or can they also get that benefit in some other way?
Typically, how many X tps improvement should we see for the various major blockchains that bloXroute will target?
- To start, users can use bloXroute immediately as the first 100 TPS are always free. Only after 100 TPS can a user choose to pay bloXroute a tiny fee to reduce her overall fee (albeit a user would only choose to pay bloXroute if this is true). All users benefit from bloXroute on day one as the first 100 TPS are always free. Users do not have to use wallets that partner with bloXroute to take advantage of the fee reduction service, but it’ll certainly be the most streamlined method. Any user that knows bloXroute’s public address can include in their transaction an additional output that pays bloXroute’s public address to reduce her overall fee.
In terms of technology, what is bloXroute’s core competitiveness? How many people are on your team?
- We are targeting approximately 3,000 TPS for Bitcoin and Ethereum.
How does bloXroute’s solution work on different blockchain networks?
- Our core competencies are as follows: (1) we have some of the world’s foremost experts on blockchain and network scaling, (2) we have innovated across all aspects of the emerging blockchain stack in the past and bring that experience to bear on the chain scaling problem, and (3) we are the first group to identify Layer-0 as a scalability bottleneck, the first to apply network neutrality techniques to blockchains, and thus the group with the most extensive track record on how to build efficient and trustless systems. The team is just over 20 employees, it is hard to keep track now because, in addition to our headquarters in Chicago, we also have a satellite office in Tel Aviv, Israel and two need employees start this week. We are currently building our platform. Though the core of the platform has been in operation for 2.5 years already on the BTC and BCH networks, we are extending it to other systems, e.g. ETH, and adding new features.
With bloXroute already forming a partnerships with mining companies, do you plan to establish more relationships with similar organisations? If so, given the obvious concerns about the environmental impact of traditional mining, does bloXroute aim to establish/support relationships with mining companies who utilise renewable and sustainable energy?
- bloXroute’s solution has been operating continuously for the last 2.5 years. In that time frame, it has been deployed on Bitcoin (BTC) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH). It has ferried every transaction and every block found in that time frame. To this, we recently added the ability to support Ethereum. And we recently announced a partnership with a large miner. In all of these cases, bloXroute provides an additional fast-path to existing coins for the delivery of financial data, just like Akamai added a fast path for the delivery of regular content on the Internet. It’s optional, opt-in, and completely voluntary. It’s just a faster way to deliver blocks and transactions. In return for ferrying this financial data, bloXroute collects transaction fees, and BLXR tokens receive these collected feeds.
When will you start v1 testing with miners? Will the v1 testing be predefined (for preselected miners/mining pools) or it will be possible to join the testing on the go? How can a miner apply for the testing?
- We hope to establish relationships with all miners :) In regards to environmental concerns, our BDN actually helps miners more efficiently utilize their power consumption. Since miners hear about blocks sooner, they can immediately start mining the next block, and thus more efficiently utilizing their resources.
Will the v1 testing be with one or with multiple blockchains? Will there be BTC and/or ETH miners in the v1 test pool?
- Yes, the V1 testing will happen with a predefined group of miners. If you’d like to join, please send me an email ([[email protected]](mailto:[email protected])) and I’ll follow up.
Will bloXroute produce better results (TPS) for PoW or for PoS consensus protocols?
- It will be with multiple blockchains and yes, we connect with both BTC and ETH (and BCH) miners in V1.
Are there any difficulties you faced trying to convince major blockchains like btc, eth etc to increase block size?
- We are currently working with PoW and we are seeing some great results (still can’t share publicly). We should definitely see a comparable performance with PoS, but we currently have no empirical data.
Which pipelines of blockchains likely to come on board 1st on bloXroute in 2019?
- We view ourselves as providers of networking that removes the scalability bottleneck. It is up to each community to take advantage of that efficiency how they see fit. That said, we already know some communities want scale. For example BCH has 32 MB blocks because after 32MB the thing breaks (i.e. they hit the scalability bottleneck). With bloXroute, I’d expect them to increase their blocksize.
If 10% of the blockchain miners/pool have 10% of the hash power (which results in approximately a 10% probability of mining a block) and they start using bloxroute while the other 90% of miners/hash power do not use bloxroute yet (gradual deployment), how does the usage of bloxroute benefit the 10% of miners vs. the other 90%?
- In V1 we will provide support for BTC, ETH, and BCH. We are talking to many other blockchain communities, and will provide an open API allowing any blockchain to use bloXroute.
Does the TPS order of improvement through bloxroute depend on the network size and distribution of nodes (decentralization level) of particular blockchain?
- Good question. The benefits for early-adopting miners start to kick in immediately. In your example, the probability of the 10% of miners that use bloXroute increases above 10% the probability to win a mining round. This is because they “waste” (much) less time on mining blocks that will not eventually get “on chain”.
Are you partnering already with some wallets? If yes, with which ones? If not, is it too early to disclose?
- It necessarily does. The larger and more decentralized a network is, the TPS rate decreases. The big difference is that without bloXroute, the TPS decreases exponentially, i.e., very quickly. With bloXroute, we are seeing sublinear, i.e., marginal, degradation in TPS as the network size increases.
Do you foresee users migrating to wallets that partner with bloXroute from the ones that don’t?
- Our first goal is to gain adoption. Once we have adoption, we plan on working with wallets to add in an option to streamline the process of including a bloXroute fee. We expect wallets to include such a fee to have an advantage because it offers their users lower overall fees compared to competitors. It would be up to the wallet to decide to show an “bloXroute transaction” feature or simply show lower fees. That said, we are very well connected to some of the most successful wallets in the crypto ecosystem, and have already discussed the matter with some of them.
Will it be easy for a wallet to integrate bloXroute or it will require deeper dive?
- Users do not have to use wallets that partner with bloXroute to take advantage of the fee reduction service, but it’ll certainly be the most streamlined method. Any user that knows bloXroute’s public address can include in their transaction an additional output that pays bloXroute’s public address to reduce her overall fee. Our first goal is to gain adoption. Once we have adoption, we plan on working with wallets to add in an option to streamline the process of including a bloXroute fee. We expect wallets to include such a fee to have an advantage because it offers their users lower overall fees compared to competitors. It would be up to the wallet to decide to show an “bloXroute transaction” feature or simply show lower fees.
Are you on track with your roadmap?
- Integration with wallets should be equally straightforward, from the technical point of view. We plan to actively work with open-sourced wallets to help them implement the change. The change includes a UI update to prompt the user and ask if they want to use bloXroute or not, and if they do, update the transaction to commit a tiny fee to a publicly-known bloXroute address.
Did crypto winter changed your roadmap in certain aspects?
- We are only a few weeks behind on our roadmap (we wanted to do our miner test for end of Feb and now it is early march) but I think for the tech world that’s still pretty good!
When will the Proof of Concept be released?
- The crypto winter I think actually helped us. We are a free service to make miners more money. That has to be appealing in this environment.
What is the biggest challenge you’ve encountered after starting the company? What has helped you overcome challenges and stick to your goals?
- The PoC should come at a similar time like V1, maybe a couple of weeks later, we’ll see.
The white paper doesn’t give a full description of bloXroute’s tech, instead it gives a very simple explanation. Do you have concrete plans on how your project will be applied?
- Biggest challenge we have faced is finding talented individuals who understand this technology. The area is brand new, and it’s difficult to find qualified engineers, builders, and business folks. What makes me really motivated every morning is looking at the world and noticing just how antiquated our current systems are, how much they operate based on trust, and how much better they would be if they were open to all and auditable by anyone.
- Our technology has been in operation for 2.5 years. Writing a whitepaper is a difficult task, trying to make a complex technology accessible to the masses. That said, I am pretty sure that we covered the core of our plans, and we have more papers in the pipeline describing the operation of the system for an academic audience. [Check out our resources page for detailed explanations about our technology]
Blockchain Ecosystem People are talking a lot about Layer-2 scaling solutions in recent years. Compared with layer-0, will layer-2 be a better scaling choice? Or does it depend on different scenarios?
You said currently there’s no crypto that can be truly decentralized. You also believe PoS is better than PoW. Does that mean that you think bitcoin is not decentralized? What’s the problem with bitcoin’s PoW mechanism?
- When it comes to scaling, there is no “one good layer to scale.” To reach really large numbers of transactions per second, one needs to tackle the bottlenecks at all levels. And Layer-2 cannot actually be made secure unless Layer-1 has enough space to on-board new users, as well as settle the transactions from existing channels. This all cannot be done at 3 tps. To support 1,000,000 tps and above, the underlying chain has to offer high throughput. So it’s absolutely essential to examine Layer-0 solutions.
Do you find there is enough awareness about the block propagation as one of the major (if not the major) scalability bottlenecks within the crypto community/blockchains?
- Bitcoin’s blockchain today is created by around 19 mining entities. Some of these are pools, but nevertheless, these are individuals that came together and are operating in unison towards a common aim — they may not have corporate paperwork filed, but they are indistinguishable from any other corporate entity at this point. Just 4 of these command the majority of the hashpower. That’s it, the sum total of Bitcoin’s decentralization. EOS has 21 block producers. Ethereum has 11 miners now, and will reach around 60 with Casper. These are all tiny numbers. The big elephant in the room that no one dares to talk about is precisely how centralized most coins are today.
During the BCH Hash War there was a block propagation bottleneck real case scenario on the mainnet when BSV tried to mine large blocks — something like 40MB and later 64 MB, but at both trials they failed on block propagation as it took too long and forks occurred. The large blocks were orphaned so the experiment clearly failed. As bloXroute’s focus is on this exact scalability bottleneck, block propagation, you came out as a *winner* from the hash war according to Professor Sirer. Have you experienced some benefits of being a winner, such as a larger awareness and interest in your project within the crypto and blockchain community?
- The short answer is no. Many people have heard about scalability being a hot topic in crypto/blockchain, but almost no one knows exactly what or where the bottleneck is. That’s why one of the most important parts of telling our story is educating at the same time. The blockchain community has many different types of people with varying levels of knowledge, so it’s a balance to develop a voice that speaks to everyone. In response to this challenge we have developed an educational Youtube series where we give detailed explanations about topics in crypto and blockchain. We hope it will provide tools to have more technical understanding and meaningful conversations about our product and the ecosystem in general.
What if industrial giants launched their own public chains one after another, what do you think the community should do?
- We are having a lot of communication and open discussion with a lot of blockchain projects out there. We did indeed notice an increased interest after the events that you mention above.
What different scaling challenges are Ethereum and Bitcoin facing now? What do you think of these challenges?
- This is exactly what we are going to see, with Facebook leading the way. I’m not too worried about these corporate approaches. While these companies have immense resources, they are starting quite late and do not have the kinds of thought leadership we possess on building peer-to-peer systems. All of these big behemoths are experts at building centralized client-server systems, which are the exact antithesis of what we are building with cryptocurrencies. So I don’t think we should be worried or do much: let them build out, welcome their efforts, and treat them the same way we treat every other altcoin. They will play a big role in onboarding new users into crypto, and they will help make the space more healthy and exciting for all of us.
Ethereum researchers claim that their sidechain snark handles 17,000 TPS, do you think we can achieve higher capacity while the network is absolutely safe?
- The scaling problems faced by these two systems are slightly different. Bitcoin is a payments system. As such, it is concerned primarily with point-to-point value transfers. And it is facing a basic capacity problem: if everyone in Venezuela were to switch to Bitcoin today, every adult would get to transact only once per month! That’s clearly nowhere near the dream that has been sold to the masses. And it’s not clear what Layer-2 can achieve, because its capacity depends on the emergent network. At the moment, most attempts to send $1000 over LN fail. The challenge in Bitcoin and similar systems is to retain the security of the underlying protocol, avoid forks, and at the same time, increase the number of transactions per second. Naive attempts to do this, for instance, by arbitrarily increasing the block size to really large numbers, are not a good idea. We have seen that BSV is going down this route, and it is leading to excess centralization. bloXroute can help avoid centralization, and help drive protocol scales up by orders of magnitude. The challenges faced by Ethereum are slightly different. The interactions with smart-contracts tend to be multi-point to multi-point, that is, they involve multiple parties. So we see a different, more difficult problem emerge. And Ethereum is driving its network to its limits at the moment. The Ethereum mining network is beginning to show signs of centralization. ETH’s current set of block size and block frequency parameters are a little bit aggressive, and we are seeing signs that would indicate an advantage for mining centralization. bloXroute can help reverse this process and enable the protocol to be driven even more aggressively.
- We can, and need to, achieve far higher numbers if the blockchain revolution is going to be anywhere near as big as it can be. If IoT devices go online, we will need 1M tps. On the other hand, I’m highly skeptical of all performance claims. BTC achieves around 4tps today, while ETH achieves 15 on a good day. Achieving 100–500, sustained in the real world, is actually very difficult. Any time I hear a number in excess of 10,000 tps, and the technology involved still uses LevelDB, I know that the numbers are obtained in laboratory conditions. That said, I believe this announcement was referring to a sidechain with a small number of trusted peers. In such a setting, sure, one can do anything because the trustlessness is not an issue. I’m concerned about public blockchains, where the nodes do not and cannot trust each other. We can only get to 10,000tps and above by re-thinking Layer-1, as we are doing with Avalanche, and re-doing Layer-0, as we are doing with bloXroute.
Thank you again to everyone who participated ! If you have more questions for our team, feel free to ask us on the bloXroute Telegram
channel or ourReddit
— — —
We’re always looking for good people!
If you’re equally excited to solve the scalability bottleneck for all blockchains, consider joining our team! We are always looking for passionate partners to help us on this important journey. Check out our available positions
to work with us in our Chicago offices. Learn more
The Very First AMA of PopulStay Telegram Community Was Held Successfully on Nov. 30, 2018 submitted by
We are very pleased to have PopulStay’s Founder & CEO Dr. Walter here to give the community an AMA(ask me anything). After the warming up- I say “Popul” you say “Stay”, the AMA begins. The host of this AMA is Hugo Mayer. Here are the questions and answers in the AMA:
The part of Dr. Walter and Hugo’s Q&A:
Q1:What kind of block chain platform is PopulStay, Dr. Walter? Asked by Hugo
A1:Hello we start with Ethereum, because it is so far most mature and decentralised blockchain platform. Answered by Dr. Walter.
Hugo: Yes, Dr. Walter, just like many other startups.
Q2: Can you introduce the founder team? What was the original purpose of creating this project?
A2: I am serial entreprenuer with extensive experience in home sharing business, our partners all have passion in renovating the existing platform. As for the original purpose of creating this project, I have hosting experience and I believe in a peer to peer home sharing world.
Hugo: Yes, I know you are the host in Airbnb for 5 years. So experienced and professional in this area.
Q3: What are the advantages of PopulStay compared with centralized platform?
A3: The benefit is saving the booking fee, and get the digital shares of the platform if people hold token.
Hugo: That sounds very good! People hate fee.😜
Senthil: Thats great, has a chance to get digital shares of the platform.
Akotovin: Pay lesser.. how about transaction? how fast is it?
Q4: Then as a tourist, what different experience will PopulStay bring us? 😁Eager to know this. I am to get my luggage packed.
A4: Imagine you can have a video call with your future host.
Hugo(sings): Hello hello baby you call I can’t hear a thing.
Q5: As a “landlord”, apart from getting more profits, what services can PopulStay bring to them?
Ák: Greatest question sir, hopefully some lease plans? 🤑😂
Akotovin: Yeah..nice Hugo ask that thing.
A5: Good questions, you can make friends with cryto believers and you can make video call with them before you meet them. You may like him/her or dislike him/her before you allow him/her to stay at your house. We allow peer to peer communication/verification before make a booking. Airbnb and all other booking platform never allow you.
Hugo: We can make friends all over the world! An innovation! Nice idea!
Q6: Members of the community would like to know about the incubation of PopulStay by block chain accelerator in Tokyo. Could you tell us more about it?
A6: Good, they help us connect the potential real estate partners, investors like Sony, Softbanks and so on. Provide us market access in japan.
Q7: And who are the partners of the project?
A7: We have blockchain partners and business partners. Blockchain parterners are those promising public chain like Jura Networks, Matrix Network and etc. Business parterners are those who can provide properties and believe in our vision
Q8: We were told that PopulStay received investment from many institutions at the end of June this year. Could you tell us something about it?
A8: We got seed round investment from Bitmain, Qtum, crypto capital, Jove capital, Handsom capital and insight capital, enough for the next 1–2 years expense.
Q9: Thanks a lot, Dr. Walter. And the last two question: What is the planning schedule of the PopulStay project?
A9: We will recuit our genesis populstay host and guest from next month onwards, and we will open to the community to use our platform from December, from 2019 onwards, we will focus more on two sides: business development and user experience of the product.
Hugo: That sounds perfect.
Q10: And the last question: How is the progress of the project?
A10: This year is super busy, we achive a lot, from the idea to the team of 25 people, all in one heart to deliver the next home sharing platform. We are proud of what we achived.
Hugo: So promising, i am excited to hear this.
Katakuri: I want to know your personal history, such as age, education history, experience. 😱
Dr. Walter: You can check my linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cytoyue/ The part of Free Questions: Asked by Akotovin:
Q1: How different PopulStay to other ICO?
Answered by Dr. Walter: A great and real team behind, dedicated to deliver product no matter market price. Token not listed yet.
Added by Senthil: Thats true, project is driven by team not price.
Q2: What security features PopulStay has?
Q3: Is there any Countries excluded in KYC?
Answered by Dr. Walter: Yes, Asian like China, Singapore, Korea, Japan are excluded, there are a list.
Q4: Is there different type of cards will be given to all holders..?or same? Asked by TT s:
What’s the advantage of your team? Asked by Kerryglobal123:
What is advantages of IEO? Why not Ico?
Answered by Dr. Walter: We are in talk with a few top 20 exchagns in the world Asked by Reginald Darwin:
What is the price of pps? Asked by color Bright:
Q1: Still recruiting?
Q2: Can Indians Play?
Q3: Can private equity funds be returned?
Q4: Is there a membership mechanism?
Q5: Are all currencies the same?
Q6: Will there be any harm? Like eating wind?
Q7: Warmly speaking, is currency worth fun? Futures itself is a life-threatening thing with great uncertainty.
Q8: Is a small amount of investment OK?
Q9: Is the value of Chinese currency the same as that of foreign countries? Asked by TT s:
Q1: Is high profit as hosting?
Q2: Can Malysia stay?
Q3: When will populstay Dapp be launched？
Answered by Dr. Walter: End of 2019.
TT s: What DAPP will be? contains all traval information? or just house info? Asked by INNOCENT:
Hi, sir. please do you have any plans for smart locks in the automobile industry? Asked by 夜柳：
Q1: Have you been doing anything lately？
Q2: What Do you Think of the currently bear market? Does bear market affect Populstay’s progress?
Answered by Dr. Walter: Bear market affect the whole industry I think, if the ETH drop to 0 or Bitcoin drop to 0, the blockchain industry is gone. This will never happen. In the past 9 years, the media reported 167 times of dead bitcoin, but it become stronger and stronger.
Hugo: Good project is always to win the game.
Dr. Walter: This is the same with Ehtereum, a lot people say it will goes to ZERO, but I do not think so. ETH is improving and evolving itself also. Look at the devcon conference every year.
Akotovin: Will recover the soonest.
Ák: That’s very true sir, we believe the same.
Senthil: Thats perfect answer. Whenever it goes down, it will come back much stronger✌️🏻
夜柳：I wonder what can I do here.
Dr. Walter: Let’s hug.
Q3: Are there any private or public offerings?
Q4: Is there any nationality requirement for this project?
Q5: Do you see the potential of the tourism industry？
Q6: Changes in business and technology always move forward in controversy. Will PopulStay be better than the current platform?
Answered by Dr. Walter: Good question. We are improving on below points:
- better booking experience
- more social network function
- lower booking fee
- be part of project by holding our token (aka digital shares)
Q7: Whats the reason you launched Populstay?
Answered by Dr. Walter: I believe in that when the trust issues is solved by blockchain technology, the peer to peer home sharing is coming.
Q8: Do you see the potential of the tourism industry？
Q9: You type so fast.
Answered by Dr. Walter: I was a programmer.
Q10: When will Populstay be listed on exchange?
Answered by Dr. Walter: 2019
Maggie Mei: which exchange?
Dr. Walter: Top 20.
Toxic灬Mo: Which exchange is confirmed?
Dr. Walter: still confidential. For your information, I am part of Huobi ecosystem btw. Asked by Kartukuri:
Q1: Why do you use the platform from ethereum. while there are many platform examples of stellar etc.
Answered by Dr. Walter: It is so far proven the most secure platform.
Katakuri: Yes recently I heard there is a bug in ethereum. Which can drain tokens?
Q2: Hi, Are there future plans to make the platform itself like Tron? Asked by Ák:
Q1: Are you’ll going to implement your own blockchain very soon?
Answered by Dr. Walter: Not at the moment, we are discussing with Tron and EOS ecosystem, no need to reinvent the wheel.
Ák: Ok, thank you sir, good luck.
Akotovin: Wow.. so transparent.. i like it..
Q2: Will this blockchain have any ukulele chord and notes based calculations or computations? Asked by Louis:
Whats the reason you launched Populstay? Asked by Walkingalonedad:
What is the meaning of “ populstay” and logo? Asked by David Sun:
Q1: What do you think of this bad market?
Q2: What’s populstay purpose?
Q3: What pain points do you want to solve?
Answered by Dr. Walter: Poor booking experience, high booking fee, bad checkin experience and can not share the growth of the platform.
TT s: Why it will be cheaper? by using Blockchain technology?
Dr. Walter: By our business model design, we charge 1.5% fees, and share 1.5% fee of each booking to the community.
Q4: How are you going to allocate it?
Q5: What is the proportion of the project team? Asked by Senthil:
Q1: I love the Logo of Populstay, looks similar to Snails. Its really represent this projects vision — A snail’s shell is like a home it carries around on its back.
Who is the man behind this idea and logo design?
Katakuri: Yes, snails run very slowly, what about the project. What about the horse logo? 😂
Hugo: Tiny but promising!
Senthil: Slow and win the race😜
Katakuri: Yeah like a fairy tale about snails and monkeys.
Ák: Someday snails will evolve into beautiful turtles…
Answered by Dr. Walter: Snail carries a home on mobile, this is how the travellers looks like, we are tiny beings, and we love to explore, and we will grow while we travel. Thanks for your comments.
Senthil: First congratz for inventing smart-locks and won several awards. I heard the product Smart-lock will be safety for Guests, where they can purchase it? Is it available with hosts?
Dr. Walter: Yes.
Senthil: So, we can expect listing in Huobi after token sale🚀🚀🚀😍😍😍
Dr. Walter: We need many people like you to contribute to our project.
Toxic灬Mo: I think I’ll keep my eye on it.
Walkingalonedad: What is the price of smart lock?
Dr. Walter: 99 USD excluding shipping fee for our telegram users.
Toxic灬Mo: A complete system, the attitude of management team is very important.
Senthil: Smart-Locks looks good and looks like it can be fixed on any kind of doors.
TT s: Can we buy smart lock in the market?
Dr. Walter: Not at the moment, we will release on Amazon on 1st Jan 2019, stay tuned.
夜柳：Looking forward to your project.
Dr. Walter: if you buy then, please inform me and say you are our community users, then we will give you discount.
夜柳：Looking forward to supporting its future projects.
TT s: How much it will be ?
Dr. Walter: 149 USD.
Senthil: Thats really cool. Many more good news coming then. MVP in next month, Smart-lock ready to purchase from Jan. Populstay gonna rock soon🚀🚀 Asked by sun jiahui:
Q1:Do you see the potential of the tourism industry？
Q2: Is there a beta version of the project?
Answered by Dr. Walter: Yes，we plan to release the MVP next month, stay tuned. Meanwhile, we are actively looking for hosts and guest, please do join us.
Raymond Roosevelt: Do you mean December?
Dr. Walter: Yes, we are at the final stage of testing, it is MVP, not perfect, but enough to show the community to collect feeback. Also please bear in mind that Airbnb has 100 engineers to develop their project, but we only have 7.
Q2: How do you see the current bear market?
Q3: Where is the project now?
Answered by Dr. Walter: We are deliver MVP next month. Asked by Dongtamduytan:
Q1: Blockchain is immutable, how do you resolve with people give bad rating to decrease rebutation of host?
Q2: China is the biggest market for any project, do you have plan to enter this market in future?
Q3: Do you think you can beat Airnbnb? Why Airbnb can enter China, and you can’t?
Answered by Dr. Walter: In 10 years yes. Asked by Raymond Roosevelt:
When will Populstay be listed on exchange?
Answered by Dr. Walter: Once there are 10,000 active memebers who Join our platform, so I expect in the next 3 months? Our platform means our product not the telegram group:) Asked by Colbert Milton:
Have you invested in any projects recently?
Answered by Dr. Walter: Not yet. Toxic灬Mo:
Q1: Can I participate in this project?
Dr. Walter: As host, or guest or investor or ambassdor?
Q2: Are there any special requirements or restrictions?
Q3: Such as nationality? How much?
Q4: When is the public offering?
Q5: Are there any rewards for inviting more people?
Dr. Walter: Yes, token incentive
Q6: Is there a private placement?
Q7: Is PPS on the exchange? Asked by Maggie Mei:
It will be cheaper pay by PPS than USD?
Hugo: Thanks a lot our dear CEO. Time is up.
Dr. Walter: Thank you everyone! Have a lovely day!
Thank Dr. Walter to participate in this AMA, good communicating to the community. Let us know more about PopulStay. Wish the project PopulStay success! As Dr. Walter said: In ten years, beat Airbnb! We want to see this happen as a community member! Go! PopulStay!
all blockchain and pricing data on bitcoinwallet.com is provided “as-is” and is to be used for entertainment purposes only, and should not be used or relied on in any way to influence or direct trading or investment decisions or funds availaibility or funds value. neither bitcoinwallet.com, nor its employees, contractors, owners, operators or data sources verify or are responsible for the Bitcoin mining is the process by which transactions are verified and added to the public ledger, known as the block chain, and also the means through which new bitcoin are released. Anyone with Blockchain.com is the most popular place to securely buy, store, and trade Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other top cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin is a virtual currency and payment system, which uses a software program to record and pay for things without a third-party broker, like a bank or government. Users install a bitcoin wallet app on their phone or computer, and buy the virtual currency from a bitcoin exchange. WALTER JAMOTA says 29 Dec 2017 at 12:01 pm. How do I join The users of Bitcoin Core only accept transactions for that block chain, making it the Bitcoin block chain that everyone else wants to use. It is these users who keep Bitcoin decentralized. They individually run their own Bitcoin Core full nodes, and each of those full nodes separately follows the exact same rules to decide which block chain is
Dr Walter Block on Bitcoin - Duration: 10 minutes, 30 seconds. 1,333 views; 6 years ago; 3:39. Dr David Friedman - How Do You Stop Air Pollution In A Free Society? - Duration: 3 minutes, 39 seconds. Bitcoin mining a block is difficult because the SHA-256 hash of a block's header must be lower than or equal to the target in order for the block to be accepted by the network. There are few, but this is a big one.Bitcoin Exchange CEO Charged with Laundering $1 Million Through Silk Roadway Andrew mentioned that there's been some controversy around Bitcoin and the drug ... This video is unavailable. Watch Queue Queue. Watch Queue Queue Queue bitcoin buy or sell bitcoin block explorer bitcoin bank bitcoin bull run ... bitcoin halving dates bitcoin cash bitcoin calculator bitcoin chart bitcoin cash price bitcoin cost bitcoin crash ...